About Sifu Naoko Yamada
The director of Joy & Freedom - Japan, Sifu Naoko Yamada is also honoured to be a certified instructor
of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute. She began intensive training with Master Emiko Hsuen in October 2004.
Sifu Naoko has also studied with her Sigung (Grandmaster Wong), Master Jean Lie, Master Michael Chow, and Master Helen Wu.
In July 2007, she competed in the category of "Optional Empty Hand Routines II" at the "2007 Wushu International Championships" held on July 21 & 22 at Hamilton, Canada, attaining a gold medal.
Her main teaching base is in Toyohashi, but she also enjoys working with other instructors to travel throughout Japan to spread the authentic Shaolin arts.
Far left: Sifu Naoko Yamada
Code of Conduct
All participants in Joy & Freedom courses, classes and workshops are asked to read and accept to do their best to uphold the following Code of Conduct:
1. Practice clarity, compassion and lovingkindness toward all living beings.
There is no Enemy.
2. Consistent training is the basic requisite.
Practice Safety First for the benefit of myself and all others.
3. The best solution is a win-win solution, borne out of generosity and kindness towards all humankind.
For every single problem there are a thousand good solutions.
4. Be grateful, be honest, and live in harmony with the laws of the Universe.
Never lose sight of the Big Picture.
5. Practice wholesome ethics in all uses of energy, thought, speech and action.
This leads to confidence, inner peace and quality of life.